Established in honor of the late U.S. Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, the fellowship program sends outstanding mid-career Filipino professionals in public service from both the public and private sectors to the United States for a year of university study and work-related practical experience. The program develops leaders who will have “multiplier effect” on their society.
The fellowship provides for tuition and fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, book and supplies, and round-trip international travel to the Fellow’s English language center (when applicable), to the host institution, and to Washington, DC for a workshop. Supplementary funds are available for professional activities such as field trips or attendance at conferences. Humphrey Fellowships are not renewable.
Fellowships are granted competitively in the following fields:
- agricultural development/agricultural economics
- economic development/finance and banking
- educational administration, planning and policy
- HIV/AIDS policy and prevention
- human resource management
- law and human rights
- natural resources and environmental management
- public health policy and management
- public policy analysis and public administration
- substance abuse education, treatment and prevention
- teaching of English as a foreign language
- technology policy and management
- trafficking in persons, policy and prevention
- urban and regional planning
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified copy of diploma
- Two letters of reference (forms are included with the application kit)
- Completed application form
Printed copy of completed applications must be received at the PAEF office on or before June 9, 2017.
Grantees are expected to begin their fellowships in the U.S. in August 2018.