The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) seeks a PROGRAM OFFICER to work collaboratively in the management and implementation of the Foundation’s programs and activities, in particular, the Fulbright Program and other educational exchange initiatives. PAEF is a non-profit, Fulbright binational commission that promotes mutual understanding between the peoples of the Philippines and the United States through international educational exchanges.
1) Extensive knowledge of and experience with higher education in the United States and the Philippines;
2) Excellent written & oral communication skills; strong presentation skills;
3) Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures;
4) Commitment to excellence; well-organized; self-motivated; team player and ability to manage multiple tasks and timetables while maintaining focus;
5) Solid background and experienced in using traditional and social media platforms, including active use of FaceBook and Twitter to aggressively promote the Fulbright Program and other PAEF initiatives (knowledge in HTML is a plus); ability to learn and adopt new computer programs; facility to effectively integrate that technology into daily work; and ability to use electronic and social media to connect with Fulbright alumni;
6) Capacity to use online or digital marketing to maintain brand awareness, target specific audiences, sustain social networks, and expand outreach;
7) Education: A bachelor’s degree in social or development studies, education, American Studies, or related field; Advanced degree will be an added advantage; and
8) Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level as project/program officer.
The program officer assists in managing the recruitment of applicants for PAEF programs. The program officer plans for and conducts Fulbright/PAEF outreach activities and liaises with the US Embassy Manila. S/he works closely with managers of PAEF cooperating agencies based in the US with regards to the administration of various exchange initiatives. The successful candidate provides technological know-how in designing PAEF annual report and other announcements and maintaining the PAEF website, social media accounts, and keeping abreast with other computer application programs. S/he leads the conduct of pre-departure orientation for US-bound Filipino scholars and briefing of US scholars.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendations. Responses must be received by the extended deadline of April 1, 2016, Friday, by mail or e-mail.
Address: Philippine-American Educational Foundation
10th Floor Ayala Life-FGU Center, Makati
6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1226
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org