The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF, also known as the Fulbright Commission in the Philippines) seeks a COMMUNICATIONS AND ALUMNI RELATIONS OFFICER (Project-based, January to December 2021) to work collaboratively in the management and implementation of activities related to the 75th anniversary of the Fulbright Program in 2021. PAEF is a Fulbright binational commission that promotes mutual understanding between the peoples of the Philippines and the United States through international educational exchange.
- Bachelor’s degree in media/communications/journalism/social or development studies, or any related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a communications/digital content creator;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills;
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures;
- Commitment to excellence; well-organized; self-motivated; a team player; able to manage multiple tasks and timetables while maintaining focus;
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts;
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction;
- Solid background and experience in social media management; understands the best practices of main social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) to promote the Fulbright Program and other PAEF initiatives;
- Capacity to use online or digital marketing to maintain brand awareness, target specific audiences, sustain social networks, and expand outreach; and
- Adept at website management and coordination.
The Communications and Alumni Relations Officer works with the program team to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns. Responsibilities include the development, creation, and editing of marketing and communications materials including press releases, blog posts, and social media content; promotion of communications and marketing materials through appropriate media channels; coordination and content maintenance of the PAEF website while working closely with the web development team; reporting of communications trends and social media analytics; responding to media inquiries and performing media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications. The Communications and Alumni Relations Officer manages the development of alumni relations, keeps records and directories of all alumni members, and maintains digital media archives including photos, videos, and other resource materials.
Interested applicants should send (1) a letter of interest addressed to the Executive Director, (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) a list of names and contact information of at least three references. Complete application materials must be received by Sunday, December 13 2020, by e-mail (email@example.com) with the subject: “Job Application: Communications and Alumni Relations Officer.”