JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: EducationUSA Program Officer
Tuesday, 11 July 2017
EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 400 international student advising centers in more than 170 countries. The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited post-secondary institutions in the United States. EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals. EducationUSA is your official source on U.S. higher education.
The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) seeks an EducationUSA PROGRAM OFFICER to work collaboratively with the team and implementation of EducationUSA programs and activities.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; strong project management skills;
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures;
- Commitment to excellence; well-organized; self-motivated; team player and ability to manage multiple tasks and timetables while maintaining focus;
- Solid background and experienced in using traditional and social media platforms, including active use of Facebook and Twitter to aggressively promote EducationUSA; ability to learn and adopt new computer programs; facility to effectively integrate that technology into daily work; and ability to use electronic and social media to connect with students and U.S. alumni;
- Capacity to use online or digital marketing to maintain brand awareness, target specific audiences, sustain social networks, and expand outreach;
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in social or development studies, education, American studies, or related field; Advanced degree will be an added advantage; and
- Experience: Open to fresh graduates. Junior role or experience at the national or international level as project/program officer and familiarity with the U.S. educational system is an advantage.
The Program Officer assists in managing the advising and outreach programs of EducationUSA. S/he works closely with the EducationUSA team. The successful candidate provides technological know-how in designing EducationUSA reposts and other announcements and maintaining EducationUSA database, social media accounts, and keeping abreast with other computer application and virtual programs. This is an entry-level post for a self-starter and accountable individual who is willing to learn in a non-profit project management endeavors.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendations. Responses must be received by August 5, 2017 (Friday) by e-mail via email@example.com with the subject headline “Application: PROGRAM OFFICER.”