The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF, also known as the Fulbright Commission in the Philippines) seeks a FINANCE OFFICER to work collaboratively in the management and implementation of PAEF’s programs and activities, in particular, to assist in functions of the accounting and finance department. PAEF is a Fulbright binational commission that promotes mutual understanding between the peoples of the Philippines and the United States through international educational exchanges.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- CPA licensure is required;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders);
- Proficiency with accounting software and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs;
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments;
- Nonprofit experience, with experience with Philippine and US fund/grants accounting preferred;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally; and
- Good organizational skills and strong analytical skills.
The Finance Officer reports to the Executive Director and leads all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and support for grants administration. Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the organization’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), adhere to grants management standards, and result in flawless audits. The Finance Officer supervises the finance staff in the areas of benefits administration, new-hire onboarding, and other related functions.
Interested applicants should send (1) a letter of interest addressed to the Executive Director, (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) a list of names and contact information of at least three references. Complete application materials must be received by Friday, October 9 2020, by mail (Fulbright Philippines, 20/F Greenfield Tower, Williams corner Mayflower Streets, Greenfield District, Mandaluyong City 1550 Philippines) or e-mail (email@example.com) with the subject: “Job Application: Finance Officer.”