The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF, also referred to as the Fulbright Commission in the Philippines) seeks a JUNIOR PROGRAM OFFICER to work collaboratively in the management and implementation of the Foundation’s programs and activities, in particular, the Fulbright Program and other educational exchange initiatives. PAEF is a non-profit, Fulbright binational commission that promotes mutual understanding between the peoples of the Philippines and the United States through international educational exchanges.
1) Knowledge of and experience with higher education in the United States and the Philippines;
2) Excellent written & oral communication skills; strong presentation skills;
3) Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures;
4) Commitment to excellence; well-organized; self-motivated; team player and ability to manage multiple tasks and timetables while maintaining focus;
5) Solid background and experience in using traditional and social media platforms, including active use of Facebook and Twitter (knowledge of HTML is a plus);
6) Capacity to use digital marketing to target specific audiences, sustain social networks, and expand outreach;
7) Education: A bachelor’s degree;
8) Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
The junior program officer assists in managing the recruitment of applicants for PAEF programs. S/he plans for and conducts Fulbright/PAEF outreach activities, establishes and maintains working relationships with relevant organizations, educational institutions, and Fulbright alumni, and liaises closely with the US Embassy Manila. S/he works closely with managers of cooperating US agencies in the administration of various exchange initiatives and leads pre-departure orientations for scholars. The successful candidate designs PAEF publications, drafts announcements and press releases, maintains the PAEF website, and oversees social media accounts.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and names & contact information of three references. Responses must be received by April 18 by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to PAEF, 10th Floor, BPI-Philam Life, 6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1226.