Applications are invited from Filipino and U.S. citizens for the position of Executive Director of the Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF). PAEF is a bi-national organization that is supported by the governments of the US and the Philippines. It is responsible for the administration of the Fulbright Program, the Hubert H. Humphrey fellowship, and other international education exchange programs for Filipinos and Americans. It also serves as a clearinghouse for information on educational institutions and programs in the Philippines and the United States.
The vision of the organization is to promote the exchange of ideas, information, and knowledge between the people of the Philippines and the United States, thereby adding to the intellectual capital of both countries and increasing mutual understanding as well as awareness of the richness and diversity that each nation has to offer.
The programs of PAEF are administered in cooperation with the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State under the policy guidelines of the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board and the Philippine Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
- Long-term planning and day-to-day management of the Philippine-American Educational Foundation’s wide range of programs, as well as supervision of staff and budget.
- Effective interaction with Philippine and American government officials and academics.
- Direct implementation of an international academic exchange program involving Philippine and American students and scholars.
- Regular reporting to the Board of Directors, which oversees all activities.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of dynamic leadership, strategic planning, and organizational innovation.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the field of international educational exchange programs; knowledge of or experience with U.S. Government programs is recommended.
- Demonstrated experience in program and fiscal management, academic and recruitment, personnel administration, marketing/public relations, and fund-raising.
- Ability to interact effectively with academics, government officials, NGO representatives, the media, and business leaders.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Proficiency in English and Filipino is required.
- Familiarity with social media.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The job will entail outreach activities within the Philippines and travel abroad.
A letter of application in English succinctly addressing the above qualifications, accompanied by a CV and three (3) letters of reference should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position should also be submitted to this address. Information on the Fulbright program and other educational exchanges in the Philippines can be found at www.fulbright.org.ph.
For information on the worldwide Fulbright program, please see www.eca.state.gov/Fulbright.