The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF, also referred to as the Fulbright Commission in the Philippines) seeks a PROGRAM AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER to work collaboratively in the management and implementation of PAEF’s programs and activities, in particular, the Fulbright Program and other educational exchange initiatives. PAEF is a Fulbright binational commission that promotes mutual understanding between the peoples of the Philippines and the United States through international educational exchanges.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with higher education in the United States and the Philippines;
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; strong presentation skills;
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures;
- Commitment to excellence; well-organized; self-motivated; team player and ability to manage multiple tasks and timetables while maintaining focus;
- Solid background and experience in using both traditional and social media platforms, including active use of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, to aggressively promote the Fulbright Program and other PAEF initiatives (knowledge in HTML is a plus);
- Capacity to use online or digital marketing to maintain brand awareness, target specific audiences, sustain social networks, and expand outreach;
- Has the ability to learn and adopt new computer programs, and the facility to effectively integrate that technology into daily work;
- Has the ability to use electronic and social media to connect with Fulbright alumni;
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in mass communication, social or development studies, education, American studies, or any related field; and
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level as project/program officer.
The Program and Communications Officer assists in managing the recruitment of applicants for PAEF programs. The Program and Communications Officer plans for and conducts Fulbright/PAEF outreach activities and liaises with the U.S. Embassy Manila, government agencies, and higher education institutes around the country. S/he works closely with managers of PAEF cooperating agencies based in the U.S. with regard to the administration of various exchange initiatives. The successful candidate provides technological know-how in designing PAEF annual report and other announcements and maintaining the PAEF website, social media accounts, and keeping abreast with other computer application programs. S/he leads the conduct of pre-departure orientation for U.S.-bound Filipino scholars and briefing of arriving U.S. scholars.
Interested applicants should send (1) a letter of interest addressed to the Executive Director, (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) a list of names and contact information of at least three references. Complete application materials must be received by Wednesday, July 31 2019, by mail or e-mail (email@example.com) with the subject: “Job Application: Program and Communications Officer.”
Philippine-American Educational Foundation
10th Floor BPI-Philam Life Makati (formerly Ayala Life-FGU Center)
6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1226