The Fulbright Advanced Research and University Lecturing Program, also called the Fulbright Senior Scholar Program, is a scholarship for researchers and professors for the implementation of their own research projects at American universities, non-profit research institutes and some government institutions. Scholarship holders, in addition to the implementation of the research project, can also teach courses. Grants are awarded for a period of three to five months.
These awards cover travel, tuition, stipend, books, and professional activities, and health and accident insurance. All fields are eligible except medicine, nursing, engineering, applied mathematics, and applied sciences.
- Philippine citizenship
- Doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience
- Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed lecturing or research project to be carried out in the United States
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or lecturing at a US institution
- Adequate financial support while in the United States
- Certification of good health
- NBI Clearance secured not earlier than 6 months prior to application
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
Preference is given to those without recent experience in the US. Grants are not for the principal purpose of attending conferences or completing doctoral dissertations.
Application period for the 2019-2020 Fulbright Senior Program is from July 2 to October 5, 2018.
Printed application form and required documents should be received at the PAEF office on or before October 5, 2018.