The objective of the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is to provide a large and diverse group of student leaders with in-depth exposure to US society, culture and academic institutions by engaging in substantive academic exchanges at colleges and universities in the United States.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program provides scholarships for one semester of US study in a non-degree program aimed at providing a diverse group of emerging student leaders from non-elite and underrepresented groups in East Asia, including the Philippines, with a substantive cultural and educational exchange experience at a US college or university. Scholars will be enrolled full-time in undergraduate course work chosen from the US host institution’s existing curriculum to allow for ample opportunity for on-going interaction with US faculty and student peers, and for exposure to US academic and classroom culture.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Philippine citizenship
- English proficiency
- Currently enrolled in a 4- or 5-year bachelor’s degree program; second year or third year college students, 18 to 23 years old at the time of application.
- Outstanding undergraduate record
- Strong motivation and leadership skills
- Successful applicants must return to the Philippines upon completion of their non-degree study program and resume their studies in their Philippine university.
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents of the U.S., and/or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Completed application form available online through: http://exchangeprograms.worldlearning.org/
- Personal statement and responses to essay questions
- Copy of biographic & signature pages of your passport, if available
- Official transcripts for years of university study (with English translations); please provide grade equivalences used by your university
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers/professors
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report, if available
The deadline for submission of applications is on December 31, 2016.